I'm never quite sure what to say when asked about my most embarrassing moment, but unfortunately that problem has now been eliminated. If this moment isn't bloggable, I don't know what is!
Yesterday I was eating lunch at Tuptim Thai with some friends. At one point, Tricia excused herself to go to the restroom, but she returned very quickly. She explained that she had tried to open the door, not knowing it was locked and a voice yelled from inside the loo, "In a minute!" I laughed at her story and at all the awkwardness involved in public restrooms-- little did I know I would soon have my own anecdote to tell.
We were all finishing up our meal and I decided to try my luck with the lady's bathoom. I pushed open the door, discovering that it was unlocked and who do we have standing right in front of me but a woman lifting up her skirt and adjusting her hosiery. I quickly apologized and she said very jovially, "Oh, well! It's my own fault for not locking the door and here I am adjusting my stuff."
When I went back to the table, I looked around to make sure the woman was not within range of audibility and I began telling the girls my little awkward bathroom encounter. I have this love for storytelling (if you couldn't tell just by my writing this post!) and sometimes it can get me into trouble. I had just finished the story with the quote from the lady about adjusting when a voice interjects-- "Uh, I don't have any stuff."
It was the lady and she had been sitting at the table right next to us, with me completely unaware! My whole body froze-- I couldn't remember how to speak and I giggled nervously. I looked to Tricia in stunned silence and she saved me with declaring, "Well! We should all probably get going, huh?" She didn't have to work hard to persuade me! I quickly paid and I cannot recall a time when I wanted to leave a place so badly! I'm sure my face was as red as my Lumberjacket that I was wearing. I am a classy and tactful lady, huh??
So, here's the moral of this fanatical story, kids: If you have an awkward encounter with someone, wait until you are outside of the situation to retell it. Then you can cackle and quote all you want in a safe place with safe people.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Shades of Red
Posted by lanes at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Laaame! Come on, anonymous.
Hi,
Interesting blog and I love the interest in coffee?
It is my first visit although I would like to be able to find my way back here...
Best wishes
R.E.II
Oh my GOODNESS! Wait, what did anonmymous say??? That is the best story I've ever heard! How embarrassing!!!
I never did find out who that anonymous was! I'm glad you enjoyed my story, Reagan-- I seriously have never been that embarrassed about anything before! It gets funnier the further away I am from the situation though. teehee
Post a Comment