This afternoon Mom and I bought cupcakes at Daddycakes and took them over to Holliday Park, enjoying the sunshine and crisp Autumn air. I got the Peanut Butter and Chocolate cupcake and it was delightful. We brought a Cookies and Cream cupcake back for my dad, because he's been working so hard on our roof for the last few weeks. I had never been inside the cupcake shop before, but it is quite charming! It's pretty tiny, but there's one little table with a couple of chairs by the window, and the whole inside is decorated in pink. I definitely want to come back just to take some photos of the interior! A particular flavor of cupcake that caught my eye was called "Sugarplum Fairy Princess." It makes me so happy that places like Daddycakes exist!








Saturday, October 25, 2008
Cupcakes in the park
Posted by lanes at 10:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Adorable!!! You ladies are too cute for words. And dang, Elena, on April 14th, we should snag a muffin together!
Also, the face your mom is making in the black and white picture, where she's licking her fingers, yeah, that's a total Elena face. I guess it would be the other way around, but you know what I mean.
Wow...your mom is one of the cutest mom's i've ever seen!!! how fun! when rachel took me and teri in there right before the wedding i about went crazy!!!! i loved the ambiance of the place and just the LOOK of the yummy cupcakes (the prices....not so much ;) but i should have snagged one. well done, pal. i hope you fully enjoyed that cupcake :)
ouuu, I love these pictures!! that looks like such a fun time!! Never been to that Daddycakes before...heard about it from mom. Take me there when I get home! :) Home...awww....
That's such a random thing to do...i love that idea!
I love knowing those faces you guys made...:)
This is so cute! So where is daddycakes located? I would love to go there sometime. I also want to go to that little restaurant across from Holliday Park...called "Holliday Cafe" I think?
Daddycakes is in the Gage Shopping plaza, around 15th and Gage. It's the little shop on an island sort of in the middle of the parking lot... sort of oddly placed! It's worth every penny though-- The last time I tasted one of their fine treats I said, "Wow, I would so have an affair with this cupcake!" So, yeah... :)
I have also wanted to go to Holliday Cafe! They're only open during really limited hours, but I went there one time when I was in Mrs. Vega's freshman english class-- she took us all there and we had a picnic in the park. I love her!
I love those pictures! Your mom is so cute!
Post a Comment