Thursday, October 30, 2008

As of late

I feel like a grown-up... or something. I met with my advisor yesterday morning and I will finally be a senior in the spring, but this also means more respoooooonsibilities. I'll be taking Research in Art History which is an independent study and I'll be working on my own research project. At some point and maybe at this particular conference in Texas Dr. Janzen was telling me about, I will give a TALK about my research project. I mean, whoa-- give a TALK?? She said I may need to do this a couple of times at different events.

It also looks like I won't be able to let go of Spanish just yet. Being really fluent in a language will be good to getting into grad. school and French and German are preferred for Art History majors, but I haven't been able to take any of those yet. My advisor told me it's better to just know one other language really well.

My computer is being worked on! I basically got scammed by this company pretending to be an anti-spyware program and they took over my computer and gave me a bunch of viruses. Fun, huh? I was stressing over that and how much it would cost to get it fixed and I took it into Best Buy and remembered that when I bought my laptop two years ago, I had gotten the three-year warranty. So instead of costing $200 to run a diognostic and repair the damage, it was FREE. Score! I miss my little computer-- it has a lot of my pictures on there and all of my music. I should get it back in a couple of days.
EDIT: So, it looks like I'll end up having to pay $200 anyway to get my computer repaired. The Geek Squad called today and said that my warranty only covers the diagnostic and not fixing the infection. So... that's cool. Anyone need to hire a photographer?

There's a trip to England the Art Department is hosting at the end of the Spring semester, and if I go it will satisfy one of my required major classes. The trip would be 12 days and I really want to go! I'm told I can apply for scholarships and such to help fund the cost.

1 comments:

Ren said...

man, so sorry to hear about the virus crap. You've had some trouble in the past too haven't you? Btw, what was the company calling themselves?

Yeh, you're getting up there in rank at WU LeAnn. Bigtime SENIOR pretty soon! ;) That seems crazy to me to hear you talk about being a senior, because I just graduated! lol.

So you'd have to do a presentation huh? You'd do great. You'd just give em the same passion you give me when you tell me about your favorite pieces and artists. :)