Bridget, yes, I did do the above painting! I used a lot of mixed media-- watercolor, charcoal pencils, magazine cutouts, etc. Oh, and the face of the girl is actually a very very faded copy of a picture of me-- as well as the car, which is actually a truck, but it's too faded to tell so I made it into a flying automobile!
Not at all, Bridget-- as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! So, thank you! I have a couple other ones I've been working on I'll have to post, soon.
Have you looked at a Nylon magazine before? They have the best photos and they often have artwork, plus amazing style. You should check it out if you haven't!
Lena, i don't think id ever seen that painting before! That is wonderfully done!! Wow. What else are you withholding in your closet? Please show more!!! :) You inspire me to do art stuff too. I don't ever take the time to paint or draw anymore. And yes, that side of your is a bit interesting. There was actually a girl in my class today that had some mannerisms that reminded me of when you were about 4yrs. old. :) I asked her a question and she just started at me with her mouth wide open moving her jaw around. Chin down and eyes straining up. LOL. I miss that strange child. :;)
No I haven't ever seen Nylon magazine. I shall have to check it out. And yes please do show your other paintings. I love to see what pours forth from artist's psyches!
Ren, what are you talking about?? Please elaborate on this strange part of my life, because I'm clueless! hahha... but does it look like cousin Caitlin when she was little??
And like literally, I've been hiding these pieces in my closet! I have another one I like, but it needs some tweaking before I show it.
Yeah. I really like it as well. I don't know what else to add, because it's apparent that everyone else is impressed, but really, truly- you are talented =)
13 comments:
Best. Photoshoot. Ever.
I miss you.
Agreed. Totally.
I miss you, too! Can I see you sometime?
haha, that makes me laugh alot
LOL. I really doubt that is true.
what on earth.
Hey, did you make the above painting?? I love it! Very whimsical and dreamy. The car reminds me of Ron's.
It so is true! I'm a nutter...
Bridget, yes, I did do the above painting! I used a lot of mixed media-- watercolor, charcoal pencils, magazine cutouts, etc. Oh, and the face of the girl is actually a very very faded copy of a picture of me-- as well as the car, which is actually a truck, but it's too faded to tell so I made it into a flying automobile!
Elena..
I'm trying my hand at a mixed medium artwork. Hope you don't mind I am TOTALLY copying you. You're so inspiring!
Not at all, Bridget-- as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! So, thank you! I have a couple other ones I've been working on I'll have to post, soon.
Have you looked at a Nylon magazine before? They have the best photos and they often have artwork, plus amazing style. You should check it out if you haven't!
Lena, i don't think id ever seen that painting before! That is wonderfully done!! Wow. What else are you withholding in your closet? Please show more!!! :) You inspire me to do art stuff too. I don't ever take the time to paint or draw anymore.
And yes, that side of your is a bit interesting. There was actually a girl in my class today that had some mannerisms that reminded me of when you were about 4yrs. old. :) I asked her a question and she just started at me with her mouth wide open moving her jaw around. Chin down and eyes straining up. LOL. I miss that strange child. :;)
No I haven't ever seen Nylon magazine. I shall have to check it out. And yes please do show your other paintings. I love to see what pours forth from artist's psyches!
Ren, what are you talking about?? Please elaborate on this strange part of my life, because I'm clueless! hahha... but does it look like cousin Caitlin when she was little??
And like literally, I've been hiding these pieces in my closet! I have another one I like, but it needs some tweaking before I show it.
Yeah. I really like it as well. I don't know what else to add, because it's apparent that everyone else is impressed, but really, truly- you are talented =)
Oh my.
Post a Comment