Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dream a little dream

When you're at the library studying, what else can you do but think about other things you'd rather be doing? Lord willing, a year from today I will be here:


Next fall, I am planning to study abroad in where else but Italy!! I have always said I wanted to go here and I think college is the perfect time to go, because I don't just want to go for a couple weeks. I want to live there and experience life with Italians in the Tuscan countryside. I want to see firsthand just what I have been studying for the past two years in my textbooks: Michelangelo's David, Brunelleschi's Dome, Hellenistic sculptures, Raphael's School of Athens... I could go on and on. I would get to experience Christmas in Florence!

I've got a cousin who lives in Germany with her husband, so I could probably even stay with her over the holidays and go gallavanting around Europe! My little heart is beating wildly with excitement!!

6 comments:

Tricia said...

We could FREAKING get together for the holidays!!!!

No really, I'm so extremely excited for you. I think it would be incredible.

Also, I'm so dead serious about the Eurorail idea.

lanes said...

I KNOW!!! It would be like the traveling trip of my DREAMS! hahaha. We could have tea time in some posh English dining room, board a train and go yodel around in Switzerland the next day!

P.S. I so want to have a pint with you in Ireland!

Spiro said...

oooh i hope this will become reality.

i've been thinking lately how i wish that i had studied abroad more. it is a perfect reason to live in a different country for a while.

coming up with reasons to live across the globe after you've finished graduate school is a bit more difficult to do.


*quick thing: if you've gone to school in europe for longer than 6 months, you can get a student rail pass which is cheaper than a eurorail. it will even incorporate more countries (like ferries and such to greece) just a tip!

Reagan said...

That would be amazing for you Elena! We loved it and we were only there for a month. I know you would come away with an awesome experience.

lanes said...

Spiro: I hope it will become reality, too! And I think I will only be in Europe for about four months, so I don't know if it would work to get the Student pass... I'll just have to save up my Benjamin's.

Reagan: I would love to hear more about your trip sometime. Did you visit Florence?

Ren said...

Reagan: (im doing as Elena does) You should show Lena your diary/journal of all your tickets and entries of your activities....it is so awesome! She would love that.
Lena: Ask Reagan to see her journal. Its so awesome!! ;) lol. Really it is!

I would love to see you go there before you graduate. Your studies would come to life...you of all people should go b/c you have the knowledge of many buildings and it's architecture!