But I really enjoy coming into work! Maybe because it's that I get to sit at a desk after class for hours, staring at art or working on homework. For those of you who don't know, I work at the art museum on campus. Delight!
I work on the second floor galley most of the time and it's prrrrretty quiet up there, so I've really taken to bringing my laptop with me, listening to my iTunes while I work on homework. I'm a productive little worker bee. I am Jack's hard work ethic. I am Jack's developing brain. I am Jack's sarcastic comment. Five points for you if you can reference that movie!
Right now I can't stop listening to the new Joshua Radin album.
The only bad thing is that I cannot get a good signal up there for wireless, but maybe that IS a good thing! Anyhow, I had Casino Night of season two of the Office on my iTunes so I totally watched that. I had to pause it and put the sound on mute when I heard the elevator ding, though. Sooooo sneaky!
Upstairs, my desk is across from a wall of three Salvador Dali prints. I stare at them a LOT.
I don't get to meet a lot of the other people who work there, since it's a pretty solitary job, but I mainly converse with Jan. She's in her mid-forties and is the official receptionist. I occassionally see Carol who's the Curator and she works downstairs, but sometimes I see her pass by in her dress-length apron. Carol seems to enjoy her job.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Call me crazy... (or maybe you already have)
Posted by lanes at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Haha, you're crazy
Okay - I sat there pounding myself trying to remember where I knew that quote from! I knew I had just recently seen the movie but COULD NOT figure out where it was from...so I looked it up on google. Fight Club! It wouldn't have even rung a bell had I not seen it two weeks ago. Good one.
I am Jack's shining wisdom, and I'm glad you are paid to sit and be in a place that you would be even if you weren't paid for it... that's cool. Also, way to quote a movie that I actually know!
Hahaha! Okay, you clever girls: you are hereby awarded five points. Kudos!
i love that you work in an art museum on campus. i always thought that would be the radest job cause of the kind of people that would come in, and the conversations you could have.
ha, well i sure didn't know that quote b/c maybe im a loser and never saw it. but anyway i really like this entry because i feel like im there with you. you put so much detail into the scene. :) that's cool. also, please tell me about this artist. and thanks for telling about your little friend Patrick there. sounds interesting to get to know.
Post a Comment