Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Morning Activities in the Life of an Elena

-- Wake up to the harsh sound of my alarm at 7, sit up in bed for several minutes before finally convincing myself I need to finish my paper
-- Drag myself out of my warm bed, slide my feet along the cold floor and up the dark stairs
-- Grind magical coffee beans that make this all possible to function and think clearly, eat my own creation of Lemon Blueberry Crunch (lemon yogurt, blueberries and Bran Flakes-- just a single cup is all you need)
-- Sit down to muster out the last words of my paper, trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, and that I care at least a little bit about my exciting topic
-- Finish paper, Install Microsoft Word for Macs on the upstairs computer so I can print at home now, print paper, staple, put away.
-- Layer up, Peru hat, Fleece sweatshirt, scarf and coat
-- Make a fast lunch to eat for later, run out the door to scrape off my windshield and get the car warmed up
-- Hurry and drive too fast, sliding around on the road a bit before deciding to take my time that I might not hit something, parking lot stalking, find perfect spot on campus, park car
-- Nod my way through English Lit, zoning in and out
-- Walk to the LLC for Kansas History, snowflakes hitting my face hard, being blown by the wind and sliding around in my boots along the wet sidewalk
-- Get to class, hear the announcement from a random woman that class is canceled but to hand in papers, feel delight soar within me, hand in paper
-- Walk to library, finish up paper for Early Modern Art

And it is only 11:26 a.m. now!

1 comments:

Israel Sanchez said...

Be careful with that driving, love! And I'm sure you got some nice morning texts between all the craziness ;)