"For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God."
-2 Corinthians 5:21
That alone, we should be thankful for! God knows all of our suffering and pain, but He loves us so much and wants us to live a life of knowing Him. I am thankful that I know Him, and that He saved me, and now I can spend the rest of my life on this earth serving Him, and spend eternity bowing at His feet.
When we turn our hearts to just be thankful about everything, we will have a different outlook on life. Suddenly, we wouldn't say, "Woe is me. Why are You doing this to me, God??" But when we truly cultivate a thankful spirit, we can thank Him for even the trials in our life because they bring us closer to Him.
Today, we are having an unexpected guest, a surprise and blessing that the Lord granted at our table this year. I'm excited to see how He will use this.
I love Tricia's post today. I have some really great friends in my life, who are mad to live, and mad to live for Jesus. I am thankful for each one of them, exactly the way God has made them. I am thankful (times a million!) for these friends who care and love so much, who each one of them displays Christ in different ways. We are all little Christ's to each other, everywhere we go. Not just because it's Thanksgiving, but be thankful. Be thankful everyday for all the things that God places in your life. Each one of them has a purpose. And He's got a master plan.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
The Day of Thanks
Posted by lanes at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful post!! Be thankful in all things!! I was thinking more after I wrote my post about how as much as I love all of you, the reason you are who you are is because God gives you the fruits of the Spirit and has shaped you all in a specific way, so I must thank Him for what great girls he has made and how He has filled them up with love that they (you) then give to me. Every good and perfect gift is from Him!! Lord, help us to see what is good and perfect and thank You for those things!
Simply beautiful. Being thankful for everything. God is amazing, by just being Him.
I'm really happy about your guest at the table. Jesus said that He is found in all those who are suffering and hurting. So tonight, you have a beautiful chance to take care of Jesus himself.
Post a Comment