Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Early morning ramblings

Bad dreams and troubling thoughts make for a sleepless night.  


My battery is about to die, and the charger is upstairs, so this will be yet another short entry.  

Why do I constantly wear my heart on my sleeve?  I'm too vulnerable, but I feel like it's betraying how I really feel to do otherwise.  What is a good way to balance this?  

Why do I cling so tightly to the things and people God has blessed me with, and fear them being taken away so much if I really trust in Him?  I've been reading a lot in Proverbs lately about what it means to have a reverence for the Lord and what that looks like.  And also, if I really trust that He is a God who doesn't break His promises, then I do have nothing to fear.  My hope should fully be in Him, all of my expectations placed on a God who will fulfill all of them.  I need to acknowledge Him in all areas of my life, seeing Him work in everything.

Lord, show me what it means to trust!