Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I am my Beloved's and He is mine


"And you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the Lord will give. You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the Lord, a royal diadem in the hand of your God... and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you."
-Isaiah 62:2-3, 5


What an amazing thought it is that God still calls me His own and actually rejoices over me, no matter how many times I screw up. I promise to be His Beloved and then I slap Him in the face in the next moment when I choose other gods before Him. How often I break His heart, yet He never stops wiping my tears away and showing me the abundant life He promises to His children.

How lovely is His face! When I don't drink from the Living Water, I consume other things that do not satisfy and my soul is left in a wearied and hungry state. Everything is meaningless without Him-- this life, this world makes no sense if I'm not following Jesus. Like Paul, I do not do the things I want to do because of the battle that I fight with my fleshly desires. Nothing good comes from me! I so want to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit that dwells within me.

No matter how unfaithful we are to the Lord, He just wants His people back-- to return to their First Love! I'm choosing to take the Lord's hand and live my life according to His plans and not my own. That is the grandest Adventure. My heart longs for Him-- His love is the purest form we can ever find if we just choose to accept it.

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Those times when we slap God in the face with our choices, those are the times when his great love really shines. If we were perfect followers of his will and his ways, the world would not know how deep and high and wide and long his love is. Only he is able to redeem our sins, and glorify his name through them. Lets both let him do that through us sinners. I love you!

lanes said...

I love you, too, dear friend. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend-- you are a treasure! In our weaknesses, He is strong! :)

Ren said...

Amen. :) Let us praise God for WHO he is and how He reveals truth. I really treasure that scripture you shared up there.

p.s. i hadn't gotten on the blogs lately...this is a little late. Sorry girl.