I think it is time to accept the possibility that I may need a second job. I'm not getting as many hours at work than I had originally thought I would be, and I think just working a few nights at another job would be wonderful. Now I have to pay the lovely price that my hackers have placed upon me by ruining my computer, and I have to start saving up money for next Fall, especially if I'm going to pay for a pricey airline ticket to Italy, plus a Euro-pass. Ahhhhhhh--- STRESS!!
So. If you know of anyone hiring part-time, please let me know!
Monday, November 3, 2008
Money-- it's what I want
Posted by lanes at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i feel ya.
Honestly, Brick Oven is in dire need of hosts, but I wouldn't want to subject you the people there, plus you only make $6.75 an hour. Boo.
What about calling photographers around town that might need help with family Christmas shots? Even if it is Walmart or Olan Mills...? Or those people who do winter formal pictures?
Or Barnes and Noble. Who doesn't want to work there? This is the time to apply for seasonal work, Elena. People will want employees before Black Friday rolls around. Another option is Starbucks, corporate giant as it is, J Hoo swayed my thinking and I'm convinced that it's a fair employer. Or you could be the almond girl in the mall!!! Just kidding, that might be weird. Think of all the people from high school/ college classes/ TBC that you'd see and it would be awkward...
Anyway, those are just some thoughts.
Someone just told me about a job opening at Eddie Bauer-- they're hiring for the holidays and beyond, so I think I'm going to go apply there. The pay is $7.50, so that's not too bad.
I've tried several times to apply at Barnes and Noble but they never seem to be hiring at the time I apply. But I might try Starbucks, too. Thanks, Tricia.
Remember how Jennifer started at, like $8.50 an hour and got free drinks every time she worked or came in? And a box of tea or pound of coffee every week, just because? And after 3 months, they give you health insurance and vacation days, I believe. Anyway, best of luck.
i wondered why they weren't givign you the hours you were wanting in the beginning....
Ill be prayin for ya. Definitely keep asking around! Connections is the best way to find a job.
Post a Comment