Taken straight from Wikipedia:
"Their unspecialized biology, flexible diet and reproductive strategy make them successful colonizers and survivors in unsettled times."
My dad and I saw this delightful little creature in the backyard about a week ago or so:
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Faces of an opossum
Posted by lanes at 6:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow! on the fence like that. i usually only see them scurrying across the street when I'm driving. except there's a member at the cafe who used to always carry one on his shoulder. he was kind of known as the 'opossum guy'in seattle. but then, it died. he still cares for tons of animals-- but when i first met him, he was like, "you've probably met me before-- I usually have an opossum on my shoulder."
so. you could have been famous in topeka. the, "opossum girl." just a suggestion.
:)
That is a crazy story, Spiro!
Those things are sick looking! Like a mix of a rat and a cat and a squirrel. But, all creatures great and small, the Lord God made them all, right?
Spiro, that is awesome! Did you actually ever see the opossum? I don't know how I feel about being the Topeka "opossum girl," but I'll think about it... :)
yes, i did! not while I worked there. but as soon as he said "I usually have an opossum on my shoulder," I knew exactly who he was!
eeewwww!!!!! that must be the same one Mom saw and screamed bloody murder "TANNER!!!" Do you remember taht ? ha!
Post a Comment