Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Hair Journey

I started coloring my hair last spring with just some simple caramel highlights from my natural mousy brown/sometimes looks light brown/with reddish warm tones. Those warm tones in my hair really throw things off a bit. Since then, I have done the following in the last year: blonde highlights, auburn red, dark brown, light brown and then finally to my hair state as of yesterday:

I like to call it bronde-- because it doesn't quite look blonde, but I'm not sure if you could call it blonde. However, when I got my new driver's license back, I was amazed that my hair actually looked blonde! It's been fun having a little lighter, I must say. I can't remember the last time it's been that light-- except may since I was three.

My hair reacts pretty strongly to hair dye. It always turns out darker than it looks in the picture on the box. But after about a week or so, it almost aways reverts back to those warm tones and gets lighter. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I must say it's quite fun getting to change it up a bit now and then. :) Here's the color I dyed it last night-- Brazilian brown. Even though I know it will soon lighten, I'm loving the dark cherry tone!

Katie and I saw a movie poster for Twilight and I was standing in front of it and she shouts, "You're Bella!!" I think I can live with being called that, if I get to be next to Edward. *Sigh*

2 comments:

Reagan said...

Beautiful. I love changing my hair and I can't wait until next Tuesday when I have my appt. set to dye it. I think I am going to do low lights but not sure how dark that color will be. Very pretty color for you and I know what you mean about it fading pretty quick though...

lanes said...

Thanks! It's just fun because it can totally give you the change you want without spending a lot of money. It's cool to experiment with different colors, too!